Search This Blog
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
“Smile, for everyone lacks self-confidence and more than any other one thing a smile reassures them.” ~ AndrĂ© Maurois
Popular Posts
-
Contemptuous of his home beyond The village and the village pond, A large-souled Frog who spurned each byeway, Hopped along the impe...
-
An envelope arrives unannounced from overseas containing stark white sheets,
-
So, we’ll go no more a-roving So late into the night, Though the heart be still as loving, And the moon be still as bright.
-
Sunset and evening star, And one clear call for me! And may there be no moaning of the bar, When I put out to sea,
-
-Lenny Ross was a Whiz Kid quiz show contestant as a child in the 50’s who later became an advisor to Jerry Brown and held several academic...
-
My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun; Coral is far more red than her lips' red; If snow be white, why then her breasts...
-
Poor old lady, she swallowed a fly. I don’t know why she swallowed a fly. Poor old lady, I think she’ll die. Poor old lady, she sw...
-
When April bends above me And finds me fast asleep, Dust need not keep the secret A live heart died to keep.
-
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size But when I start to tell them, They t...
-
And a poet said, 'Speak to us of Beauty.' Where shall you seek beauty, and how shall you find her unless she herself be your way ...
Blog Archive
Powered by Blogger.
Contributors
Monday, November 2, 2015
Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.
Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;
For tho’ from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crost the bar.
Labels:
Poems
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment