Search This Blog
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
“Smile, for everyone lacks self-confidence and more than any other one thing a smile reassures them.” ~ AndrĂ© Maurois
Popular Posts
-
Contemptuous of his home beyond The village and the village pond, A large-souled Frog who spurned each byeway, Hopped along the impe...
-
An envelope arrives unannounced from overseas containing stark white sheets,
-
Sunset and evening star, And one clear call for me! And may there be no moaning of the bar, When I put out to sea,
-
-Lenny Ross was a Whiz Kid quiz show contestant as a child in the 50’s who later became an advisor to Jerry Brown and held several academic...
-
My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun; Coral is far more red than her lips' red; If snow be white, why then her breasts...
-
Poor old lady, she swallowed a fly. I don’t know why she swallowed a fly. Poor old lady, I think she’ll die. Poor old lady, she sw...
-
So, we’ll go no more a-roving So late into the night, Though the heart be still as loving, And the moon be still as bright.
-
When April bends above me And finds me fast asleep, Dust need not keep the secret A live heart died to keep.
-
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size But when I start to tell them, They t...
-
And a poet said, 'Speak to us of Beauty.' Where shall you seek beauty, and how shall you find her unless she herself be your way ...
Blog Archive
Powered by Blogger.
Contributors
Monday, April 25, 2016
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment